Short Answer: To enable Tor in the Bitcoin Keeper app, go to the app’s settings, navigate to the Tor section, and choose either “Tor via App” (using an external app like Orbot) or “Tor via In-app” (using Bitcoin Keeper’s integrated Tor feature).
Long Full Answer:
Enabling Tor in the Bitcoin Keeper app can be done in a few simple steps:
- Open the Bitcoin Keeper app on your device.
- Navigate to the Settings. This is typically represented by a gear or similar icon, and it’s where you can adjust various preferences and configurations.
- Within the settings, find the section dedicated to Tor. This is where you’ll have the options related to the Tor network.
- Choose your preferred Tor method:
- Tor via App:
- If you’re using this method, it implies you intend to or already have an external Tor-supporting application like Orbot installed on your device.
- Once you select this option, the Bitcoin Keeper app will rely on the external app to route its traffic through the Tor network.
- Make sure that the external Tor app is running whenever you’re using the Bitcoin Keeper app for this setup to function properly.
- Tor via In-app:
- By choosing this option, you activate the Tor feature that’s integrated directly within the Bitcoin Keeper app itself.
- It’s a straightforward method that doesn’t necessitate additional installations. Just enable it, and the app will handle the rest.
- Tor via App:
- Confirm your choice and ensure it’s activated. Depending on the app’s design, you might see a toggle switch or a confirmation button.
- Once Tor is enabled, your Bitcoin Keeper app activities and transactions will be routed through the Tor network, providing added privacy and security.
It’s essential to be aware that while Tor significantly enhances privacy, it’s just one of the many measures you can take to ensure the security and confidentiality of your bitcoin activities. Always stay updated with best practices and the latest security recommendations.